Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Inspiration

I guess the main thing that keeps me going in a design is how confident I am with the theme of the piece.

Sure, I need to learn to get out of my safe zone.
Sure, I don't want to be defined by one style.
Sure, I hope to grow as a designer and confidently portray any style needed by a client.

But at my current positioning in my academic adventure, I am still dipping my toes in the figurative pool of creativity. Once I'm ready, I'll take the plunge.


As it stands, there are a few things inspiring my project. First, Frank Sinatra's music has been more or less on repeat for the past week. Second, I've watched old sitcoms, especially the opening credits, to get a feel for the style I want my flash piece to be. I Love Lucy, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanne, etc are the ones available to my disposal and I hope to take the same charm they have and produce something great. Third, I think it is important that I've storyboarded and found inspiration in the mere fact I've accomplished drawing out a 3 minute video from start to finish. Confidence can be inspiring too!

Overall, this is proving to be challenging and surely frustrating, however; I do understand the importance and I will work my butt off!

No comments:

Post a Comment